LSC DINGHY PRO AM Event Saturday 7th May 15:00 and Race theory coaching 14:00
Published 23:56 on 1 May 2022
This is a popular racing event where the double handed dinghies are used. A 'Pro', someone with good club racing experience, is paired with an 'Am', a less experienced sailor. The aim is to have fun and improve the skill of our sailors.
We need names of participants in advance so we can arrange the pairings before the 7th May
Come and join in the fun of the Pro-Am racing on Saturday 7th May.
It will be preceded by a short race theory coaching session, aimed at beginner racers, starting at 2pm (note new time).
Afterwards we will fire-up the BBQ bring your own food.
To help us organise this event successfully please could you fill out the form below :
Sailing events /training in May
Over the bank holiday weekend we held a social sail and Spring 1 and 2 races, thanks to a full race team. It's now time to look forward to other on-the-water events in May:
Saturday 7 May
- Race theory coaching: 2-3pm - aimed at beginners, new to racing.
- Briefing for the Pro-Am followed by races: 3pm fun races where an experienced racer (the Pro) is paired with a less experienced sailor (the Am) in two man boats. On-line registration required by Friday evening so we can pair people up see website for details
-BBQ: 6pm Racing will be followed by a BBQ All welcome. We'll fire up the club BBQ and have the bar open - bring your own food.
Wednesday 11 May - Evening 1 race: 6.45pm start
Saturday 14 May - Spring 3 and 4 races: 10am start
Sunday 15 May
- Langstone Harbour Interclub race 1: Time TBC (likely to be around 11am). Race against other sailors from Locks and Tudor Sailing Clubs. Start near the harbour entrance allow time to get there against the tide.
- Social paddle from the club (SUPS and kayaks/canoes):10am-1pm Those attending decide where to go (no safety boat cover).
Thursday 17 May - Safety boat video followed by questions and answers by safety boat trained members:7.30pm. Aimed to give safety boat drivers and assistants confidence and knowledge how to deal with situations such as towing, righting a boat etc. Event to be confirmed so please see the website.
Saturday 21 May
- Race Officer training: 2.30-3.30pm details to be confirmed - see website nearer the time.
- Spring 3 and 4 races 4pm start
Sunday 29 May - Mini-series 3 short sprint races:11am start
Saturday 4 June LSC Jubilee fun day.Hudson Cup will be run as an orienteering event for dinghies, sups and kayaks/canoes. Briefing at 2pm. Afterwards club boats/SUPs/canoes will be available to try see website for details and booking a slot.
If you have any questions, please email sailingsec@Langstonesc.org.uk. Hope to see you on the water soon.
Jane Noble (Sailing Secretary)
Last updated 23:34 on 4 May 2022